Happy New Year!
My Hopes and Dreams for 2006.
I posted this on December 29th 2005.
1. 2000 et Une Rose is relaunched by Lancome (My #1 wish came true! It was released in June 2006)
2. That there is a new fragrance by Ormonde Jayne. (Orris Noir---and it was lovely.)
3. Safran Troublant is released in a jumbo bottle (Yep. Available at Aedes.)
4. The Stella fragrance by Tocca finally comes out (OMG. I am like the Beauty Nostradamous )
5. I win a free trip to paris and I can take a friend
(Damn it. Well you can not have everything.)
6. A Cmart opens up in my town
(Screwed again. We did get an H&M...so I should not complain.)
7. I stumble across a seve exquise bottle in T J Maxx
(Well...that might be wishful thinking...but one MUAer stumbled across Donna Karan's Chaos at her local TJ Maxx. That is like a finding a unicorn in your backyard. It is insane.)
8. Fumerie Turque is released in the export range
(I am a proud owner. It was at Barneys...but I believe it might already be gone. The good Lutens giveth...and then taketh away.)
9. Luckyscent has a discount (Nope.)
10. Vol de Nuit finally works with my chemistry (Not yet.)
2006 was a damn fine year for me for beauty wishes. I am hoping that I have similiar luck with my 2007 list.
My wishes for 2007:
1. That Bond #9 does a traditional chypre fragrance for 2007. Something along the lines of Jolie Madame or Mitsouko.
2. Gobin Daude gets back into the fragrance business.
3. Lancome continues relaunching their vintage fragrances. I would love to see Now or Never back on the market.
4. That I am able to try Chamade, any Andy Tauer scents, Le Labo Ciste/Labdanum, Guerlain's Bois d'Armenie. I need to get back on track with my fragrance testing.
5. I would love to visit the CB I Hate Perfume store.
6. I want to visit France or Japan in 2007.
7. I want Heatherette,Behnaz or John Galliano to come out with a fragrance.
8. I want someone to write a coffee table book on the history of makeup.
9. I would love to see some Japanese products make their way to our shores in the US. Please can we get some Inoui Id? http://www.inouiid.com/vc/vol14_040221/index.html
10. I want to meet Pat Mcgrath.
11. Lancome needs to bring back Behnaz.
12. I want MAC to do a collection based on reds. I want new red lipsticks and blushes. I want a red lacquer compact. I want a huge red kabuki brush.
13. I want Chanel to do a nailpolish in red....with red shimmer. I want it to sparkle like no one's business.
14. I want to be able to get on the list early for said Ruby Chanel polish.
My Resolutions for 2007:
1. Start looking for a dream job.
2. Learn how to cook...for real this time.
3. Keep in better touch with friends.
4. Keep up with emails. Send out cards and letters.
5. Start seeking out new music again. Maybe finally splurge on that machine they called an i-pod. I also should join the human race and get a cell phone. I have been resisting this idea for a long time. Cavewoman tries to get me to the cell phone counters but I get sidetracked by Tradesecrets. I rather look at OPI's than razor phones.
6. Join Netflix and get started on watching classic movies.
7. I need to start reading novels again. I want to seek out books on travel.
8. I should learn french. I need to pronounce the names of my perfumes correctly.
9. I need to give WW a chance. I need to stop cheating on my tracking.
10. I need to learn how to be a better judge of character.
What are your beauty wishes for 2007?
Do you have any resolutions?
I hope everyone has a lovely and wonderful New Year!
photo: Blogdorf Goodman