photo from sohojournal.com
I loved this last Carnivale de Couture question posted on Shangri Law's blog:
You are throwing a little dinner party in your apartment featuring fashion glitterati, past or present, dead or alive. You are only allowed to invite 5 people, so be careful in your selections. Feel free to include designers, style icons, journalists, models, moguls, intellectuals, you name it...
The SL ladies answers were wonderful and have inspired me to sit down and think of the ultimate dinner party guests.
1. Cathy Horyn(NYTimes)
Because she is the best and I worship her. It is that simple.
2. Grace Coddington(Vogue)
Another woman I admire strongly. She makes everything beautiful.
3. Diana Vreeland
She was the rock star of fashion editors. A party would not be complete without her.
4. Carmel Snow and Marie Louise Bousquet
Editor legends. I would love to just listen to them dish.
5. Cristobal Balenciaga along with Nicolas Ghesquiere. It would be an opportunity for Mr Ghesquiere to talk shop with the master.
6. Vivienne Westwood, Marc Jacobs, John Galliano, Phoebe Philo and Oliver Theyskens.
I think they could all get along. I think Galliano and Westwood would get chummy and leave the others to be wallflowers.
7. John Henry(SAKS) and Tom(Bergdorfs) and Tyler(Barneys). I would have them bring samples for us to sniff at the table.
8.Laurice Rahme(from Bond fragrances) and Cavewoman.
Because I love watching them talk.
9. All my buddies from MUA, real life and my new blog friends.
10. Liz Tilberis, Kal Ruttenstein, Chanel, Mariano Fortuny,Edith Head, Tina Chow,Irving Penn &
11. Music would be provided by Interpol. I am sure Diana Vreeland would not mind.
Please post in the comments your ultimate dinner party. It could be people you admire in perfumes, film, music or art.
I will add my two cents in.