C.O. Bigelow is calling all up and coming artists.
The legendary New York City apothecary is teaming with Gen Art, the leading organization for showcasing young, emerging artists and entertainers, to host a package design contest in which one grand prize winner will have his or her original design emblazoned upon a limited-edition C.O. Bigelow apothecary jar.
The contest kicks off this week and runs through January 15, 2007. At the conclusion of the contest, three finalists will be chosen by a panel of artistic and package-design professionals from both Gen Art and C.O. Bigelow. One of these three finalists will be chosen as the winner and his or her design will be produced and sold in 2007. In addition, all three finalists will win a one-year complementary Gen Art membership and a one-year supply of select C.O. Bigelow products.
The Rules and Deets are:
- All package design entries must be in black and white and can be painted or drawn by hand or can consist of a collage of photos, digital art, painting, watercolor, sketching, stenciling, AND must reflect an interpretation of the brand mantra Honest. Geniune. Trustworthy. Submit on 10x12 flat surface board (paper-based canvas, oaktag, construction paper or other paper-based product), along with a short synopsis describing your design idea's origin and/or inspiration for the design.
- Package design must be completed and received at Gen Art offices by January 15, 2007 (must be post-marked no later than January 14, 2007)
- By submitting you confirm you have cleared all online and Gen Art/C.O. Bigelow packaging rights and creative/promotional use associated with your design
- By submitting you agree to license your creative submission to C.O. BIGELOW for exclusive usage online and in-store for a period from December 5, 2006 through April 1, 2008 (16 months)
- Only C.O. Bigelow consumer-friendly content will be considered**
- Submission deadline: January 15 to Gen Art office
- Submission fee: $15 (check, money order, credit card)
- Submissions will NOT be guaranteed return to designer/contestant***
If accepted as a finalist you will be required to provide the following within three days of your selection as a finalist: - A signed licensing agreement - A short bio of yourself (contestant) - A hi-res photo of yourself (contestant)
*C.O. Bigelow reserves the right to change launch dates due to any unforeseen production issues.
**No specific guidelines, but please use your best judgment regarding what you think would be appropriate for public sale online and in-store. You may email or call Gen Art if you are uncertain.
***While care will be taken in handling submissions, Gen Art is not responsible for damage or loss of materials. If you would like your work returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Submissions with insufficient postage will not be returned.
Note: The winning package design will not be tied into any Gen Art programs outside of the Gen Art/C.O. Bigelow partnership
I love these jars.
I am looking forward to seeing what the contest winner creates!
photo: C.O Bigelow