My Wishes for 2008
I have posted my wishes for the upcoming year since 2005. The crazy thing is that some of my far fetched beauty and personal wishes started coming true. This was all before the fuss surrounding The Secret.
Here is my 2006 list:
1. 2000 et Une Rose is relaunched by Lancome
My #1 wish came true! It was released in June 2006.
2. That there is a new fragrance by Ormonde Jayne.
Orris Noir---and it was lovely. I have no idea if there will be a new fragrance in 2008...I am out of the fragrance loop.
3. Safran Troublant is released in a jumbo bottle
Yep. Available at Aedes.
4. The Stella fragrance by Tocca finally comes out.
It did and is currently at Sephora.
5. I win a free trip to paris and I can take a friend
I was invited to Paris by Chanel and made friends with some amazing and lovely fashion bloggers.
6. A Cmart opens up in my town
No Cmart yet. My friend Sara heard one of their commercials where they actually mention the blog. I have high hopes for 2008!
7. I stumble across a Seve Exquise bottle in T J Maxx
Well...that might be wishful thinking...but one MUAer stumbled across Donna Karan's Chaos at her local TJ Maxx. That is like a finding a unicorn in your backyard. It is insane.
8. Fumerie Turque is released in the export range(
It happened and also 2 bell jars are currently at Bergdorf Goodman. I have no idea if those bell jars mean anything. I stared at them for a solid minute because I thought they were a fluke.
9. Luckyscent has a discount.
I think there was a Lucky discount.
10. Vol de Nuit finally works with my chemistry.
After many attempts, the fragrance has managed to win my heart.
Posting my wishes that day was just a fluke.
I actually had no blog post planned for that day and I was bored.
So I will post my new wishes for 2008.
I believe in the power of flukes.
My Wish List for 2008:
1. This one is personal and non-beauty related.
Every year I threaten to wish for my soul mate to finally come and find me.
Every year I delete the wish.
This year the wish will be published.
I joke with friends that it feels like my soul mate has been hit by a bus or is entangled in some kind of mess. I joke that he is late and most likely does not own watch. I joke about this son of bitch all the time.
Last week I had convinced myself that I was going to write off crushes and finally lay to rest my hopes of finding true love.
Not everyone is blessed with a soul mate.
But yesterday as the ball dropped, I realized that I have to give him one last chance.
I am ready for the everything. I am ready for the crazy happiness and heartbreak.
I want him to find me in 2008.
And I promise to not to cuss him out for being so late.
2. I want to visit Japan.
This might be another far-fetched wish but I am going to throw it out there.
I want to see the world and hope that 2008 brings me more traveling opportunities.
3. I want to attend fashion week.
This could be a real possibility for 2008. Many bloggers have reported from the tents and been part of the delightful mayhem.
4. I want the Netherlands to get a Sephora.
Because Grayburn needs a Sephora.
5. Someone releases a black nail polish with pink glitter.
Because it is sorely needed.
6. Gobin Daude gets back into the business of perfumery.
7. Chypres make a comeback.
8. Ohio gets a Becca and a Shu Uemura counter.
9. I want to see Pat McGrath's makeup trunks in real life. I just want to see her stash and sneak some pictures.
10. I would like to find the perfect fuchsia shimmery gloss and a mascara that changes my life.
Post your beauty or personal wishes for 2008 in the comments.
I hope 2008 is wonderful and amazing for everyone!